Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beastwars - Coming Soon!

I had a bit of an exciting moment at the postbox this week concerning Beastwars. 

I've written before about my fandom of the local Wellington stoner rock heroes, who release their sophomore LP 'Blood Becomes Fire' next month. 




It looks like it's going to be another visual as well as aural treat, with the cover again being provided by Wellington artist Nick Keller. (Whose dayjob sees him working for Peter Jackson's Weta Studios).

Keller's work on Beastwars debut LP
I'm particularly excited by the theme on this release, as "the new album serves witness to the end of days, told through the eyes of a dying traveler from another time". That sounds like my kinda party.

 The LP's out on the 13th April and I've pre-ordered one of 100 x vinyl copies of the release, to join my 1/300 white marble vinyl debut LP and 1/200 glow-in-the-dark 7" of their last 'The Sleeper/Tower of Skulls" single release. (Unfortunately, I missed the Ltd. to 100 gold/red vinyl LP's and have just got a black one).
What I wasn't expecting through the post in advance of the release was a note from their drummer Nato, with three Beastwars plectrums. 

Geektastic, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment