Monday, January 7, 2013

Of Monsters & Men 'My Head Is An Animal' Universal Republic LP

The new wave of world folk (cheers Mumford & Sons!) continues unabated, with this recent release by Icelandic band Of Monsters & Men being seemingly omnipresent on radio and TV; not least 'Dirty Paws', which is currently on New Zealand's Westpac Bank adverts.

Don't let that put you off though, it's a beautiful lilting boy/girl duet and whilst more subdued, no less catchy than much of the rest of the LP. (Particularly the boisterous 'Little Talks' single). 
The version of the LP that I have is on 2 rather attractive pink slates and has inspired me to look into framing a load of my coloured records.

The trial run (I quickly pulled out about 75% of the coloured vinyl that I own) came out pretty well:

No comments:

Post a Comment