Saturday, February 2, 2013

Danny Krivit 'Introduces P&P' P&P Records/'d 12" Sampler


I picked this up at Evil Genius in Berhampore, a shop that's more orientated to garage rock and psychedelia than it is disco.

That said, it's compiled by Danny Krivit, who's effectively a deity in my eyes.

Unsurprisingly for a release by someone of his pedigree, the tracks (which were all unfamiliar to me) are all strong, pumping muscular disco tracks but of particular note is the final track, a reissue of the original 12" mix of 'Ain't It Fun' by Queen Yahna, (originally 1976 P&P release), a which has an almost over the top, blaxsploitation wailing gospel diva.

I'm not that familiar with P&P releases but, based on the strength of what's here, think it might become one of my must-buy disco labels, along with Salsoul, Casablanca, West End and Prelude.

No comments:

Post a Comment