Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sally Army Dig - 19th January 2013

Salvation Army Family Store, 31 Onepu Road, Kilbirnie.

Usually there's nothing of note in New Zealand op-shops, so I was fairly surprised to find a few LP's worth buying when I dropped into the Sally Army in Kilbirnie on Saturday.
Joan Baez 'In Concert' HMV
$3.00 for a Joan Baez live LP, which kicks off proceedings with 'Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You', which I know Baez did first but I'm more familiar with Led Zeppelins version. I'm actually not that familiar with the rest of what's here, so possibly should hurry up and listen to the other Joan Baez LP which I bought recently.
Judy Collins 'Wildflowers' Elektra LP
As mentioned on my previous Buffalo Springfield/Crosby, Stills & Nash post, I've got lots of songs about Judy Collins, albeit not much material actually by her. Although I'm not familiar, it's got to be worth $1.00, right?
Neil Diamond 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull OST' CBS LP
There was two of these, both gatefold versions, both for a $1.00. That was enough to make it worth a go.
Klaus Wonderlich 'Hammond Pops 5' Carina/Telefunken Records LP
It's weird record corner! Whilst my sampler unexpectedly didn't arrive with my records from the UK, I'm clearly holding some sort of subliminal desire to find produce. It's more than likely to turn out to be terrible, but again $1.00. Kerching!

No comments:

Post a Comment